These pumpkin pecan cupcakes should be the protagonists of this blog entry. They’re delicious, but sorry to say…they’re not the protagonists.
Halloween should be the protogonists of this blog entry. After all, it’s the intended reason (aka excuse) for which I baked these cupcakes, but sorry to say, Halloween is not the protagonist either.
The protagonist of this blog entry is…….drum rolllllllll….. time.
I feel rushed and overwhelmed lately, as if time was running out. I don’t mean to sound dramatic, I just really wish there were more hours in one day because even if I’m awake since 5 in the morning and going going going…the day is not long enough to accomplish everything I would like to. Feeling like Speedy Gonzalez is okay most of the time, but not always.
Some people get bored during the day. They have the time. They have the luxury, I guess. I cherish a small dose of boredom..a very minuscule amount of it that is, just enough to remind myself of how much I really enjoy being active and rolling.
Today I have had a lot of work to do and it’s currently pass my bed time. However, since it’s Halloween I find it to be crucial and mandatory that I present the halloween sweets I created for a halloween party before this holiday is over (in 1 hr). If I did this tomorrow, it would feel like I didn’t meet the “halloween deadline”. I create strict and silly deadlines for myself.
I really don’t want to stop blogging about sweet concoctions, but I have to admit I don’t find it easy to set aside hours out of the week to create a nice blog entry. Blogging takes time…creating a recipe, elaborating the recipe, photography, writing, etc…and if I’m going to keep this up, I need to find a different formula to maintain the blog active and alive.
I’m going to try a new technique. The technique of getting to the point and being more direct with words. I will try to write and blab less in the hope of reducing the amount of time I spend trying to get my point across.
So here it goes…
I made pumpkin pecan cupcakes. I elaborated a nice little recipe.
My boy offered to help me. He said it was something he would enjoy..so he did and I loved it.
Here is the recipe for the pumpkin pecan cupcakes.
16 oz cake flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp all spice
8 oz butter, softened
6 oz granulated sugar
8 oz light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
8 oz eggs
15 oz pumpkin puree
1 C chopped pecans
1 oz milk
Ingredients for cinnamon-cream cheese frosting:
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz mascarpone cheese
2 1/2 T cinnamon (may add more to taste)
1 tsp vanilla
8 10x sugar (powder sugar)
**Yield: 24 Cupcakes**
1. Beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
2.Add eggs one at a time and vanilla. Continue mixing.
3. Sift all dry ingredients (cake flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, allspice, and ginger).
4. Reduce speed to low. Beat in dry ingredients in 2 batches, alternating with pumpkin puree and scraping bowl as needed. Stir in 1 oz of milk into mixture.
5. Fold in chopped pecans into batter.
6. Divide batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each with a heaping 1/4 cup batter.
7. Bake at 350 F for about 20-25 minutes rotating pans halfway through, until the cupcakes are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
8. Transfer pans to a wire rack. Invert cupcakes onto rack; then reinvert and let cool completely, top sides up.
9. Meanwhile, mix cream cheese and mascarpone cheese, just to break it up. Add vanilla and cinnamon to mixture and continue whipping to incorporate well. Add powdered sugar and continue mixing until mixture is smooth.
10. Frost cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting.
Oh! How could I forget?! I also made gerbet macaroons with a Nutella filing for the halloween party…I will be glad to share this recipe with you a little later as well, because you know….Time is up!
I’m not really sure if I like this new style of blogging…Actually I don’t think I do, but let me sleep on it. Goodnight and Happy Halloween!!!