I wanted to share a simple and refreshing recipe with you before the summer officially says “see you later”.
So here it is: minty peach granité.
5 C peaches, peeled, cored, and roughy chopped (about 4 peaches or 20 oz of peaches)
1.5 C water
5 oz natural cane sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 T lemon juice
2-3 small sprigs of mint and additional mint leaves for garnish
1. Place peaches and water into a blender and puree.
2. Combine peach puree and sugar in a pot and heat it until sugar is completely dissolved. Bring puree to a boil and remove from heat.
3. Add salt and lemon juice to peach puree. Stir.
4. Add mint sprigs to peach puree and infuse for about 20-30 minutes, depending on how much mint flavor you want. Be sure to keep lid on during infusion time. Taste puree to make sure it has the desired amount of mint flavor. Remove mint.
5. Pour puree into a flat and shallow pan and place pan in the freezer.
6. Rake with a fork after 30 minutes of being placed in freezer and then every 20 minutes until crystals are fluffy.
7. Garnish with a sprinkle of finely cut mint leaves.
Store for 2-3 days in freezer. Can melt down and refreeze it.